Boost reaches inactive caregivers and matches with jobs that meet preferences.

NEW YORK (January 23, 2018)—Swift Shift, a mobile-first workforce management platform for the home health care industry, is launching Boost—a recruitment solution for home health care agencies to address the nursing shortage. Boost helps agencies re-engage their inactive workforce with targeted, relevant cases, thereby shortening the recruitment funnel.

The U.S. is facing a critical nurse and caregiver shortage, with demand for nurses expected to reach 1.6 million by 2020, as an increase of geriatric and pediatric patients requiring care grows simultaneously. Recruiting new, qualified nurses is essential, but also expensive, costing up to $3,000 per each successful recruit.

By shifting the focus from job boards, digital ads, and other less targeted approaches to recruitment, Swift Shift’s Boost opens new pathways for agencies and nurses to connect based on value and relevance. 53 percent of the $3 billion spent on recruitment in home health care is allocated to re-engage nurses and caregivers who have already been recruited, vetted and hired and have since become inactive. This leaves only 47 percent of home health care recruitment budgets attributing to net growth.

Lack of transparency about case allocation and long recruitment processes account for 50 percent of the drop off in candidates. Through Boost, nurses and caregivers now discover available cases according to their work preferences, skill set, available hours and location. Convenience and earnings are maximized for applicants with faster approval times through on-demand, in-app applications.

“We spent two years studying the recruitment metrics and challenges of home health care agencies and another year building a platform that delivers both what nurses and caregivers are looking for and also increases the productivity of recruiters,” said Assaf Shalvi, CEO and founder of Swift Shift. “The best operators in the home health care market realize that their growth is dependent on their ability to hire and retain staff. Boost is a tool that is built to deliver exactly that.”

Value for Home Health Care Agencies
Swift Shift Boost reduces recruitment costs and increases nurse lifetime value by:

  • Decreasing time spent screening applicants and higher conversions with targeted cases to relevant candidates
  • Shortening recruitment funnel with rich, pre-vetted profiles that include experience, rating, certifications and endorsements
  • Reducing “bench time” once application is complete with one click approvals leading to work assignments in less than 24 hours
  • Longer tenures/higher retention of nurses with features such as in-app chat, multiple case application and management
  • Real-time operational data insights empowers agencies to make data driven operational decisions
  • 100 percent success based recruitment tool is the first and only pay for performance model in the industry

Value for Nurses and Caregivers
Boost creates a meaningful engagement for nurses and caregivers by:

  • Reducing travel time and expenses with location-based technology
  • Enabling nurses and caregivers to control their work schedule from a mobile-app
  • Offering in-app messaging to streamline communication with agencies
  • Empowering nurses and caregivers to apply for jobs they actually want

Visit for more information.