FRESNO, Calif. (June 5, 2017)—Sunrise Medical is committed to protecting the environment in its everyday activities. The company has long been focused on environmental sustainability in its facilities, embracing processes to conserve natural resources, avoiding pollution and actively reusing materials and recycling. Sunrise Medical is purposeful in fully embedding green thinking throughout its organization globally. Our pledge continues to be, “As a long-standing environmentally conscious organization, Sunrise Medical is committed to environmental responsibility and our mission is to further promote green thinking throughout the global organization and our supply base.”
During the past year, Sunrise Medical continued to complete green initiatives globally, which included:
- Sunrise Spain, Germany, EDC, UK, Fresno and Tijuana all maintained their ISO 14001/Green Seal certifications.
- Sunrise Norway, Boulder and Indianapolis were awarded the Company's Green Seal of Approval for environmental management.
- Sunrise Germany attained accreditation for ISO 50001 in Energy Management Systems and started buying green energy.
- Sunrise UK—Certificate awarded two years in a row for sending zero waste to landfill.
- All Sunrise Green Seal certified facilities have achieved significant reductions in energy usage and waste via green initiatives.
This year, one of the initiatives the company launched was an internal campaign providing employees the opportunity to submit designs for our next Environmental Infographic which is showcased on our website. It also became the signature design for our reusable tote bag for all employees. The winner was Merete Rindal from Norway, with a beautiful design that will be used globally as a representation of the environmental commitment of the company.
Everyone can contribute to conserving resources every day and many small actions can add up to make a positive impact. Sunrise Medical would like to wish you all a Happy World Environment Day.
Visit sunrisemedical.com for more information.