WASHINGTON, D.C. (April 2, 2021)—The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) announced a continuation of the phased-in participation of the Review Choice Demonstration (RCD) for home health agencies (HHAs) in Florida and North Carolina for an additional 90 days, due to the ongoing COVID-19 public health emergency.
Providers interested in participating should make their Cycle 2 Choice selections between April 1, 2021 and April 15, 2021. Cycle 2 will begin on May 1, 2021 for those providers.
Please take note of the following points:
- Providers may choose from a subsequent choice selection based upon their Cycle 1 results.
- Providers that do not make a choice selection may continue submitting pre-claim review requests.
- Claims that go through pre-claim review and are submitted with a valid UTN will be excluded from further medical review.
- Claims submitted without going through the pre-claim review process will process as normal and will not be subject to a 25% payment reduction. These claims may be subject to post-payment review in the future through the normal medical review process.
- Providers do not need to take any further action if they choose not to participate.
This is the third phase-in period for the HHAs in the states of Florida and North Carolina. CMS initially announced the phased-in approach to the RCD for these states on Aug. 21, 2020, with a renewal on Oct. 26, 2020 and Dec. 22, 2020.