AMSTERDAM, and ATLANTA, Ga. (November 2, 2016)—At this year’s Medtrade Fall, taking place in Atlanta, Georgia from October 31–November 3, Philips Respironics, a division of Royal Philips will showcase its portfolio of integrated connected care software, solutions and services that aim to provide greater value to durable medical equipment (DME) providers and increase patient adherence to therapy. Philips will also host its first Fall Forum, aiming to engage industry leaders in discussions around the sleep and respiratory markets’ biggest challenges and opportunities.
During MedTrade Fall, Philips will showcase a variety of its sleep and respiratory solutions, including its Patient Adherence Management Services (PAMS) care management service. Developed with input from a leading behavioral scientist and designed for homecare providers looking for additional support in helping to improve sleep patient adherence, Philips’ PAMS has been shown to boost CPAP therapy adherence rates by 49 percent on average. PAMS utilizes Philips Respironics EncoreAnywhere software, our widely used compliance management platform. PAMS is expected to reach the milestone of 200,000 lives managed through the service in mid-November.
“By developing connected health solutions, we’ve made it possible for physicians and home medical equipment (HME) providers to have more comprehensive insight into therapy use and efficacy. This allows them to adjust therapeutic settings or intervene to help patients be successful in therapy longer. We use this same technology to drive PAMS,” said Jim Doty, the senior field marketing director at Philips Respironics. “Through innovative connected platforms, including our recently introduced Care Orchestrator clinical management solution, we aim to achieve a transformative impact on the homecare industry similar to the impact EncoreAnywhere had 10 years ago as the first cloud based patient management system.”
During the show, beyond PAMS, attendees will have the opportunity to see some of the latest innovations from Philips Respironics in sleep and respiratory care, including:
- Care Orchestrator: A first-of-its-kind connected health technology, Care Orchestrator will connect with Philips sleep and respiratory devices and other relevant patient data, including billing and insurance information and electronic health records
- SimplyGo Mini: The smallest and lightest POC in the Philips portfolio
- Trilogy ventilator with AVAPS-AE: The most widely dispensed ventilator for home use in United States, designed to meet the needs of the respiratory failure patient with enhanced comfort and synchrony in breathing
- Sleep therapy solutions, including: The Dream Family OSA products, Amara View mask and the new Wisp Pediatric Nasal mask.
Additionally, Philips will be organizing its first Fall Forum at the Philips Medtrade Fall booth. Short presentations will provide attendees an overview of the sleep and respiratory care industries’ challenges and opportunities, showcasing Philips solutions as case studies. Topics include:
- “The Latest Advances in Sleep Therapy Adherence Solutions,” presented by Segment Director for Services, Anthony Como
- “Introducing Care Orchestrator—The Future of Connected Solutions,” presented by Bob Barker, Director of Product Management, New Business Solutions
- “Improving COPD Patient Management,” presented by Rusty Trim, RRT, Sr. Field Marketing Manager, Sleep and Home Respiratory
A full list of topics featured in the Fall Forum can be found here.
Visit Philips at booth #1919 at Medtrade Fall at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Ga.
Visit respironics.com for more information.