ATLANTA (October 23, 2017)—Eight finalists in the 2017 Innovative HME Retail Product Awards, sponsored by HomeCare Magazine, took 3.5 minutes each on day one of Medtrade to state their case as to why their product was the best to boost cash sales.
- Jazzy Zero Turn Scooter by Pride Mobility (Booth #1911)
- Owlet Smart Sock 2 – device to track baby’s heart rate/oxygen levels (Booth #1937)
- AirMini Portable CPAP Solution by ResMed (Booth #1011)
- AirTouch F20 – disposable CPAP mask by ResMed (Booth #1011)
- MyPainAway Sports Cream by Topricin (Booth #1767)
- Mini-Tablet Holder and Smart Phone Holder by Delta (Booth #1667)
- SoClean CPAP Cleaning Device by SoClean (Booth #927)
- STRONGBACK Wheelchair by STRONGBACK Mobility (Booth #1651)
- Stability Gliders (a walker accessory) by Stabilized Steps (Booth #1963)
Judges Tim Rutti, Valley Medical Supplies; Rob Baumhover, director of Retail, VGM Group; and R.J. Poonawala, Spring Branch Medical Supply, asked pointed questions and cast their own votes. Moderator Jim Greatorex, vice president, VGM Live at Home, a division of the VGM Group, tabulated all the votes to come up with the top three.
1) Owlet Smart Sock 2 a device to track a baby’s heart rate and oxygen levels
2) STRONGBACK 24 Wheelchair and STRONGBACK Excursion Wheelchair by STRONGBACK Mobility
3) Stability Gliders (a walker accessory) by Stabilized Steps
“The awards are all about promoting and recognizing products that contribute to providers' bottom lines though cash sales,” said Sarah Varner, marketing director. “All of these products embody what we like to call ‘caretailing,’ which is the unique place where the caring, customer service element that only HME retailers can provide, meets the traditional retail sale.”