OWINGS MILLS, Md. (January 2, 2020) – The BOC Board of Directors proudly announces the election of its 2020 executive committee and the election of three new directors to the board.
The executive committee is made up of the officers of the board. The recently elected 2020 officers are:
- Chair: L. Bradley “Brad” Watson, BOCO, BOCP, LPO, president of Clarksville Limb + Brace + Rehab in Clarksville, Tennessee
- Vice-Chair: Mark L. Parris, Pharm.D., RPh, COF, clinical pharmacist at Chatuge Regional Hospital in Hiawassee, Georgia and COF consultant, former owner of Parris Medical Services, Inc., Parris Medical Compounding Services, Riverstone Pharmacy, Inc. and Parris Pharmacy, Inc.
- Secretary: David D. Regier, ATC, LAT, MS, Consultant – Fort Worth Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine, Baylor Institute of Rehabilitation and Shriners Hospitals Sports Medicine
- Treasurer: Daniel Griffis III, Pharm.D., pharmacist and pharmacist-in-charge at the independent pharmacy, Rainbow Drug Store, in Brunswick, Georgia
- Member-at-Large: Diana Klunk, CMF and Compression Fitter at LifeChanges Boutique, Inc., a division of D&J Medical, in Hanover, Pennsylvania
- Immediate Past Chair: Wayne R. Rosen, BOCP, BOCO, LPO, CDME, FAAOP, Clinical Consultant.
The three new BOC board directors are:
- Bill Chaudhry, CDME is the owner and managing partner of BOC-accredited Freedom Medical and Mobility DBA Medi Mart in East Windsor, New Jersey. With more than 25 years of Durable Medical Equipment (DME) business experience, Chaudhry is eager to leverage his skills on BOC’s Board of Directors. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Environmental and Business Economics from Rutgers University, Cook College.
- Abel Guevara III, MHIM, CDME, RHIA is an accomplished DMEPOS Senior Consultant and healthcare executive with more than two decades of experience in the industry. He has held various positions within the DMEPOS industry including serving as a compliance officer, general manager and revenue cycle director. He is pursuing a Doctor of Health Administration degree from the Medical University of South Carolina and holds a Master of Health Information Management from Texas State University. Guevara is a member of the American College of Healthcare Executives and is working towards earning the gold standard FACHE credential.
- William J. Powers, MBA, LFACHE (Life Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives), retired Air Force Medical Service Corp. officer, previously volunteered as a BOC board officer and member for nine years. After serving in the United States Air Force as an officer and healthcare executive for 29 years, he worked in nonprofit healthcare for more than a decade, starting as Chief Operating Officer of a Graduate Medical Education Consortium and then culminating his nonprofit career as the Chief Operating Officer for the American Nurses Association.
BOC thanks former board member Rod Borkowski, CDME, who completed two four-year terms and has made many contributions over his eight years of service.
“BOC is proudly governed by a committed Board of Directors whose diverse professional backgrounds encompass the interests and needs of BOC’s wide array of certified professionals and accredited businesses,” says BOC’s new Board Chair, L. Bradley “Brad” Watson, BOCO, BOCP, LPO. “I am honored to lead this caring and dedicated group of knowledgeable professionals as we enter a new decade of continuing success for BOC.”
Visit bocusa.org for more information.