OWINGS MILLS, Md. (November 29, 2018)—The BOC board of directors announces the election of its 2019 executive committee and the election of two new members of the board.
The executive committee is made up of the officers of the board. The recently-elected 2019 officers are:
- Chair: Wayne R. Rosen, BOCP, BOCO, LPO, FAAOP, prosthetist and orthotist at W.R. Rosen Inc., a multi-site orthotic and prosthetic practice in South Florida
- Vice-Chair: Mark L. Parris, PharmD., RPh, COF, clinical pharmacist at Chatuge Regional Hospital in Hiawassee, Georgia and COF consultant, former owner of Parris Medical Services Inc., Parris Medical Compounding Services, Riverstone Pharmacy Inc. and Parris Pharmacy Inc.
- Secretary: Joshua A. Bressler, COF, CDME, orthotic fitter and territory account manager with J&J Medical Inc. in Birdsboro, Pennsylvania
- Treasurer: Daniel Griffis III, PharmD., pharmacist and pharmacist-in-charge at the independent pharmacy, Rainbow Drug Store, in Brunswick, Georgia
- Member-at-large: John W. “Sion” Owen, Jr., BOCPD, CDME, owner of Foot Solutions stores in Columbia, South Carolina, and Nashville, Tennessee
- Immediate Past Chair: L. Bradley Watson, BOCO, BOCP, LPO, president of Clarksville Limb + Brace + Rehab in Clarksville, Tennessee
The two new board members are:
Justina Appel, PhD, BOCO, BOCP, FAAOP, director of education and clinical support at Allard USA Inc. With more than 30 years of experience in the orthotic and prosthetic profession, Appel is passionate about providing products and services that make a tangible difference in the daily lives of individuals with physical challenges. A Shreveport, Louisiana resident, she currently also serves as president and education program coordinator for the Louisiana Association of Orthotics and Prosthetics, where she strives to incorporate her experience in O&P and education to inspire future and fellow practitioners to remain focused on the continuous need to ensure compassionate quality care for patients.
Cameron M. Stewart, BOCP, BOCO, co-founder of Alcam Medical Inc., a five-site orthotic and prosthetic practice with an on-site fabrication facility servicing Riverside, San Bernardino, Los Angeles, San Diego and Orange Counties in Southern California. An entrepreneur with more than 12 years of experience in O&P, Stewart credits BOC as a key influence in his personal success and company growth. He looks forward to contributing his experience and knowledge to help shape the future of the O&P profession.
“BOC is grateful for the passionate, dedicated professionals serving on our board of directors,” says BOC’s board chair, Wayne R. Rosen, BOCP, BOCO, LPO, FAAOP. “Their wealth of knowledge and professional leadership allows BOC to continue to grow and ensures our credential-holders are supported by professionals who are truly committed to their businesses’ and patients’ success. I am honored to lead this fine group of caring professionals now and in the future.”
Visit bocusa.org for more information.