Editor's Choice: The Quantum Rehab Vibe Power Chair
Rear-Wheel-Drive Power Wheelchair
- features 24.5-inch width, 33-inch length to fit tight
- has a top speed of 6 mph, Sport-Trac suspension for uneven
- features tubular frame design, 300-pound weight capacity, rear
battery access, off-board charger and concealed wiring system
Web site: www.quantumrehab.com.
Circle 500 or visit target="_blank">www.homecaremag.com for company
Altimate Medical/Stander Accessories
XL Accessories for Ovation Strap Stand
- designed to accommodate bariatric clients weighing up to 350
- options include XL knee pad, XL footplate and XL adjustable
lifting strap, as well as swing-away leg option
- designed to allow clients with wider wheelchairs to pull up to
Web site: www.easystand.com.
Circle 499 or visit target="_blank">www.homecaremag.com for company
- features modular titanium frame, adjustable components
- designed to be economical and to compete in price with
wheelchairs made from heavier metals
Web site: www.tilite.com.
Circle 498 or visit target="_blank">www.homecaremag.com for company
Camp Healthcare/Diabetic Sock
- features seamless, smooth finish
- designed to reduce friction and pressure caused by regular
- available in small, medium and large sizes
Web site: www.camphealthcare.com.
Circle 497 or visit target="_blank">www.homecaremag.com for company
Johnson & Johnson/Independence Technology/Manual Assist
- features under-the-seat power system that assists the user as
- features quick-release wheels, battery removal and fold-down
- designed to make all terrain seem flat and to reduce repetitive
Web site: www.iglidenow.com.
Circle 496 or visit target="_blank">www.homecaremag.com for company
Round Foam and Thin Foam Dressings
- designed to accompany KCI's Vacuum Assisted Closure Therapy
- designed to fit the specific width and depth of patients'
- feature reticulated cells to help stimulate granulation
Web site: www.woundvac.com.
Circle 495 or visit target="_blank">www.homecaremag.com for company
- features a wide, deep frame
- features multiple height adjustments
- available in junior and adult sizes
Web site: www.invacare.com.
Circle 494 or visit target="_blank">www.homecaremag.com for company
The Saunders Group/Spinal Exercise Device
- designed for upper- and lower-extremity spinal exercises,
including stretching, strengthening and stabilization
- includes an instruction guide that illustrates exercises and
Web site: www.TheSaundersGroup.com.
Circle 493 or visit target="_blank">www.homecaremag.com for company
BD/Diabetes Management System
- features new BD test strip that requires only small blood
- features 33-gauge BD ultra-fine lancets, 5-second blood glucose
- memory holds up to 250 test results and 250 insulin
United Pacific/Thumb Splint
Thermoskin Flexible Thumb Splint
- designed to support the thumb and restrict movement of MCP and
- available in left- and right-hand styles
- features a rigid insert that molds to the shape of the
Web site: www.thermoskin.com.
Circle 491 or visit target="_blank">www.homecaremag.com for company
OPTP/Physical Therapy Devices
- features adjustable cylindrical shape that challenges
proprioception on two planes
- available in 1-foot, 3-foot and 4-foot lengths; in diameters
from 4 inches to 6 inches; and in half-round diameters
Web site: www.optp.com.
Circle 490 or visit target="_blank">www.homecaremag.com for company
PD1000 PulseDose LT Compact
- designed to be compact and lightweight
- features a single lumen cannula and a three-year warranty
- features DeVilbiss' PulseDose technology that delivers oxygen
when the patient needs it, at the beginning of inspiration
Coloplast/Antimicrobial Wound Dressings
- made from hydrocolloid, non-adhesive and adhesive foam
- designed to treat chronic and acute wounds, specifically leg
and pressure sores
- features moist-healing design, seven-day antibacterial
Web site: www.us.coloplast.com.
Circle 488 or visit target="_blank">www.homecaremag.com for company
Quickie Ti Titanium
- features titanium mono-tube construction and weighs 15 to 17
- rear axle features 4 inches of center-of-gravity adjustment in
- features fold-down push handles, fold-down back and
Web site: www.sunrisemedical.com.
Circle 487 or visit target="_blank">www.homecaremag.com for company
What we've done is taken what we've already learned in the Blast
series rear-wheel-drive chairs and designed a chair that is highly
maneuverable for a rear-wheel-drive chair. [The Vibe features] a
more compact frame, and increasing maneuverability. At the same
time, it maintains the stability of the unit, so it will be able to
accept different types of seating systems and electronics. It's a
rear-wheel-drive power base that's designed to operate in many of
the ways that a mid-wheel-drive chair would. With rear wheel drive,
you're pushing, so you have more control at higher speeds. It is
one of the first power bases able to integrate different types of
seating. The base was designed with mounting points for a seating
system we will be introducing later this summer.
— Scott Higley, vice president of sales, Quantum Rehab,