DENVER (January 12, 2022)—OnTerra Systems, the developers of RouteSavvy route planning software for small businesses, announced significant RouteSavvy software enhancements. The new version of RouteSavvy provides more features and functions for delivery management and makes RouteSavvy route planning software even faster and easier to use.
Highlights of January 2022 RouteSavvy software enhancements include the following:
- Route Cloning Function—Users have always been able to create new routes and edit existing routes. RouteSavvy’s new route cloning function is simply a faster way to create a new route by cloning an existing route and then making additional changes.
- Address Auto populate Function—RouteSavvy now offers a more powerful address look-up function. Users can start typing the address of a new stop, and RouteSavvy automatically will suggest address options for users to choose based on their IP address & geographic location. RouteSavvy will provide a dropdown list of nearby options that can be chosen—speeding the process of adding individual addresses to a route. RouteSavvy also features points of interest (i.e., landmarks that might require deliveries, pickups, sales calls or service calls that don’t have a specific address. Examples include parks, golf courses, dumpsters, any business location, and more).
- Enhanced Route Line Display—RouteSavvy now can display a route on top of territories, delivery radiuses or other shapes on the map. This allows route planners to better determine if stops should be moved from one route to another because they can see whether a route is encompassed within one specific territory or if the route crosses into other territories.
- Quick Zoom Function—When users add a new address into RouteSavvy for route planning, they can use a new function to zoom to that location on the map with one click.
- Drive Distance & Drive Time Now Exportable—Once RouteSavvy has generated an optimized route, that route can either be printed and given to drivers or exported to a driver’s cellphone or tablet to be synched with a turn-by-turn navigation system. As part of the route export process, drive distance and drive time data now will be exported.
- Support For SSL—RouteSavvy is unique in that routing information is stored with the user’s browser. This preserves security because sensitive data is not stored on a central RouteSavvy nor does it travel over the internet, thus reducing the need to use SSL encryption. However, for those businesses or non-profits that would prefer to be operating on an SSL designation, RouteSavvy now offers that option.
“The pandemic has driven a huge shift toward local home delivery of everything from groceries to alcohol—and RouteSavvy has been enhanced to provide more delivery management functionality—as well as just being even easier to use and deploy,” said Steve Milroy, president of OnTerra Systems. “Whether businesses or non-profits are involved in deliveries, pick-ups, service calls, or sales calls, the January 2022 version of RouteSavvy provides powerful, affordable route planning capabilities that are ideal for small and mid-sized businesses and provide exceptional value and return on investment.”
Visit routesavvy.com for more information.