ATLANTA (October 14, 2016)—Judges for the biannual Innovative HME Retail Product Awards, sponsored by HomeCare magazine, have named the top eight products particularly well suited for retailing/caretailing.
The awards are all about promoting and recognizing products that contribute to providers' bottom lines though cash sales. Similar to last year, the top eight now advance to an onsite judging round. “We had a lot of excellent entrants this year,” says Kevin Gaffney, group show director, Medtrade. “It was a tough decision, but our judges narrowed it down.”
The top eight products will be presented in a retail awards conference sessionhosted by Jim Greatorex, who works in business development for the VGM Group. The session takes place Tuesday, November 1, at 9 a.m. After manufacturers present their products, voting will take place to determine the top three winners.
A panel of judges, along with audience members, takes all of the entries and scores them based on:
- Market opportunity/market size and product demand
- Price point
- Quality/design of retail packaging
- Merchandising tools
- Marketing campaign, helping the retailer reach the end users
- Competitive advantages over similar product/product quality
- Industry compatible: is it a match for HME retail
- Training tools programs for in store sales staff
The eight finalists (in alphabetical order) are:
- Freedom CPAP Battery from Battery Power Solutions (Booth #1600)
- Handy Cane from Handy Cane by Most Corporation (Booth #2166)
- KT Flex Reinforced Adhesive Strips by KT Tape (Booth #2153)
- Motivo Tour (Walker) by Motivo (Booth #1952)
- Go-Chair from Pride Mobility (Booth #1911)
- PrimeMedic from PostureMedic (Booth #1671)
- SoClean from SoClean Inc (Booth #2057)
- MyPainAway Fibro Cream from Topical Biomedics (Booth #1767)
Visit medtrade.com for more information.