Monday, April 13th, 2015
- Amends title XVIII (Medicare) of the Social Security Act with respect to the Medicare Durable Medical
Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics and Supplies (DMEPOS) competitive acquisition program.
- Prohibits the Secretary of Health and Human Services from accepting a bid from an entity for an area unless it: (1) meets state licensure requirements for the area for all items in the submitted bid for a product category, and (2) has obtained a bid surety bond of between $50,000 and $100,000 for each such area.
- Prescribes requirements for the treatment of losing bidders and successful bidders that do not accept a contract.
- Introduced Jan. 12 by Rep. Patrick Tiberi, R-Ohio, and Rep. John Larson, D-Conn.
- Had 63 co-sponsors from 27 states
- Also referred to the House Energy and Commerce Committee
- Related to HR 2: Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015
- Identical to S148 in the Senate