The National Association for Home Care & Hospice (NAHC) will present an important edition in its COVID-19 Town Hall webinar series, Vaccine Hesitancy Among Caregivers.
The webinar will air on Wednesday, Feb. 17, 2021 from 2:00PM to 3:00PM Eastern.
The webinar is free to all, but registration is required.
NAHC has been at the forefront of COVID-19 education with this Town Hall series of webinars. Now that we have vaccines, it is critical to convince home care and hospice caregivers to take the vaccine to keep themselves and their patients safe. Once again, NAHC is calling upon the leaders and problem-solvers in our community to educate, inspire, and spread best practices.
NAHC has invited clinical experts from Johns Hopkins Home Care Group, Androscoggin Home Healthcare + Hospice, and Dignity Health to answer a series of tough questions about vaccine hesitancy among caregivers (see below) based on their first-hand experience.
- How are you navigating vaccine hesitancy among your workforce?
- Is your organization mandating vaccines?
- If not, are you offering an incentive to vaccinate staff?
- What are your plans if your clients/patients decline visits from unvaccinated staff?
- How are you addressing with your staff online misinformation about the vaccine and historical mistrust of the medical system?
- What is the vaccine uptake at your organization?
- Have you had to counter erroneous rumors about serious side effects?
- Are you administering shots by way of an external vaccination site or are you doing in-house vaccinations?
February 17: Androscoggin Home Healthcare & Hospice
- Kenneth Albert R.N., BSN, Esq., President & CEO
- Leann Sebrey, R.N., BSN, MSc, Chief Clinical Officer
- Tina Charest, R.N., Occupational Health
- Shelli Pelletier, R.N., Transitional Care
- Dr. Elizabeth Hart, M.D., Director of Medical Services
February 24: Dignity Health
- Kathleen Sullivan, Vice President, Post Acute Care Services
- Edward Lowe, Senior Director
- Michelle Oliver, RN, MSN, PHN, Director of Home Health
- Anju Agarwal, Quality Improvement & Education Manager
March 3, 2021: Johns Hopkins Home Care Group
- Mary Myers, BSN, RN, MS, President/ CEO
- Mitra Gavgani, Pharm D, Vice President, Pharmacy Services (Community, Infusion and Specialty)
- Penny Carey, Senior Director of Respiratory Therapy/Home Medical Equipment
- Dawn Hohl, PhD, RN, Senior Director of Transitions and Patient Experience
Note: You only need to register for the Town Hall series once to gain access to future events.