ATLANTA (April 28, 2022)—Sharecare, the digital health company that helps people manage all their health in one place, announced the creation of a clinical advisory board for its home health platform and network of caregivers, CareLinx by Sharecare.
Composed of nursing leaders representing private practice, academia, government, the private sector and the military, the board will provide strategic advice on how to equip nurse-caregivers with the tools, resources and community support to sustain a rewarding career in home health. As the increasingly complex care needs of an aging population meet a nursing workforce that is projected to experience high turnover in the coming years, these experts will help Sharecare’s home health business foster a rewarding workplace culture for highly qualified professionals at all levels of nursing by offering expanded support with licensing, training, networking, continuing education, content and more.
“The nursing leaders who make up CareLinx by Sharecare’s new clinical advisory board represent some of the most respected talent in the industry, and we’re excited to have them join us as we position ourselves as a key partner to support nurses in developing fulfilling career paths,” said Sherwin Sheik, head of home health at Sharecare. “Building on our recent growth, we’re committed to creating a community that will empower our caregivers, help them develop as professionals and, in turn, provide exceptional high-touch clinical care to our members.”
In addition to its focus on recruitment and retention, the board will help shape CareLinx by Sharecare’s clinical care offering, ensuring the development of tech-enabled homecare plans are informed by the highest-quality evidence and latest best practices.
“The expertise, thoughtfulness, and influence of CareLinx by Sharecare’s clinical advisory board are critical resources as we strive to create a home for the exceptional nursing talent of today and tomorrow,” said Donna Hill Howes, RN, MS, Sharecare’s chief nursing officer. “Representing all levels of nursing and an array of sectors, our board members bring a wealth of experience that will put CareLinx by Sharecare on the cutting edge of delivering care in the home.”
The members of the board are:
- Shawna Butler, RN, BSN, MBA – nurse economist; host, SEE YOU NOW podcast
- Barbara Ficarra, RN, BSN, MPA – health educator, health system leader
- Patricia Geraghty, FNP-BC, WHNP – nurse practitioner, private practice
- Jason Gleason, MSN, NP-C, USAF LTC (RET) – nurse practitioner, Veterans Health Administration; retired U.S. Air National Guard lieutenant colonel
- Efrat LaMandre, PhD, FNP-C – family nurse practitioner, private practice
- Michele Mercer, RN – AVP, analytic consulting and data science, Blue Health Intelligence
- JoAnn Shaw, LPN – president, Wisconsin Association of Licensed Practical Nurses; vice president, National Association of Licensed Practical Nurses
- Beth Ann Swan, PhD, RN, FAAN – transitional care expert; Professor and Associate Dean at Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing, Emory University
- Sharon M. Weinstein, RN, MS, FAAN – CEO and founder, SMW Group LLC
- Christopher Wilson, RN, APRN, FNP-C – family nurse practitioner, Veterans Health Administration; First Lieutenant, U.S. Army Reserve
Visit carelinx.com for more information.