SAN BRUNO, Calif. (October 23, 2018)—CareLinx, the online homecare service platform, today announced it has partnered with Stride, the benefits platform for gig and independent workers, to offer its more than 300,000 caregivers access to simple, affordable health, dental, vision and life insurance.
“Finding quality health care coverage can be unnecessarily complex for professional caregivers working for families,” said Sherwin Sheik, CEO and founder of CareLinx. “Through our partnership with Stride, every one of our caregivers will be able to easily find the best health insurance plan for them and their families and see if they qualify for lower premiums.”
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of personal care aides including in-home caregivers, is projected to grow 38 percent from 2016 to 2026, adding 777,600 jobs—and making it the fastest growing career field in the nation.
Despite this growth, demand for in-home caregivers is expected to skyrocket as the number of people 65 and older is expected to grow from 40 million to 70 million by 2030, and as families have fewer children, and live longer distances away.
CareLinx has been at the forefront of advocating for the advancement and well-being of professional caregivers. Caregivers on CareLinx earn up to 25 percent more than at traditional agencies, and as household employees, they get benefits like Social Security and Medicare. With this partnership, caregivers can now also get the accessible, affordable health, vision and dental insurance that they deserve.
It is more critical than ever to ensure the health needs of this emerging job sector are met, so that in-home caregivers may provide better-quality care to the aging baby boomer population.
“The Stride experience starts with answering a few short questions and ends with affordable, comprehensive coverage in ten minutes,” said Noah Lang, CEO and co-founder of Stride. “We develop tailored plan recommendations, identify subsidies that workers may be eligible to receive, and help them complete their enrollment. We’re proud to be working with CareLinx to bring these benefits to their growing community of caregivers.”
Stride’s offering includes:
- Personalized health insurance plan recommendations helping caregivers find the right plans
- based on their specific needs
- Subsidy discovery service that helps lower caregivers’ health insurance payments
- Year-round member support to help maximize the value caregivers get from their plans
- Custom vision insurance starting at $10/month
- Custom dental starting at $30/month
- Life insurance starting at $6/month
- Free expense-tracking app to help maximize tax deductions and lower caregivers’ tax bills
- Open enrollment—the one time of year when people can change or enroll in health insurance for 2019, begins November 1st (October 15th for California residents).
Visit carelinx.com/caregiver for more information.